The New Hope Women’s Ministry Department plans to decorate the church for the Christmas season on
Saturday, November 22nd starting at 9am.
This is the perfect opportunity to get in the Christmas spirit with a fun group of ladies (and they help they usually bring with them).
Please see Diane Borst or
Pam Myers with any questions.
Thank you for your willingness to help!
As the holidays approach and busyness increases for most people, let’s take a few minutes to recommit to praying for and regularly connecting with our One-on-One Ministry partners. Here are some suggestions for helping you maintain this valuable relationship through the holidays and beyond.
- Use technology. Set an alarm on your phone or computer to remind you to pray for your One-on-One Ministry partner.
- Make a date. Take a minute right now to set up a coffee date with your One-on-One Ministry partner if schedules allow.
- Go old school. Send a card or hand-written note to let your One-on-One Ministry partner know you are thinking of and praying for her.
- Surprise! If schedules and locals allow, take your One-on-One Ministry partner a latte or a muffin.
- Go to church. Make a point to connect with your One-on-One Ministry partner on Sunday mornings and at Wednesday services too!
- Create a list. A prayer list is a great way to remember to pray for others. Keep one in your Bible to add to during services and personal Bible study.
- Read the bulletin. Quite often, your weekly church bulletin will have a reminder about our One-on-One Ministry.
- Start a conversation. Send your One-on-One Ministry partner a text or an email asking about her day or week.
- Take a picture. Consider placing your One-on-One Ministry partner’s picture in your Bible as a bookmark.
- Ask the Holy Spirit. As Pastor Steve has said a couple of times in recent sermons, the Holy Spirit is our best source of creative ideas!
DISCUSSION: Have any other suggestions? Share them in the comments below!