With the 2015 One-On-One Ministry assignments all handed out, let’s call this the official kickoff for the year! We’re not going to have a party (sorry), but maybe you can use this as motivation to start the year off by contacting your partner in a special way.
To help in that effort, here are some suggestions for connecting with & praying for each other:
- Use technology. Set an alarm on your phone or computer to remind you to pray for your One-on-One Ministry partner.
- Make a date. Take a minute right now to set up a coffee date with your One-on-One Ministry partner if schedules allow.
- Go old school. Send a card or hand-written note to let your One-on-One Ministry partner know you are thinking of and praying for her.
- Surprise! If schedules and locals allow, take your One-on-One Ministry partner a latte or a muffin.
- Go to church. Make a point to connect with your One-on-One Ministry partner on Sunday mornings and at Wednesday services too!
- Create a list. A prayer list is a great way to remember to pray for others. Keep one in your Bible to add to during services and personal Bible study.
- Read the bulletin. Quite often, your weekly church bulletin will have a reminder about our One-on-One Ministry.
- Start a conversation. Send your One-on-One Ministry partner a text or an email asking about her day or week.
- Take a picture. Consider placing your One-on-One Ministry partner’s picture in your Bible as a bookmark.
- Ask the Holy Spirit. As Pastor Steve has said a couple of times in recent sermons, the Holy Spirit is our best source of creative ideas!
DISCUSSION: Have any other suggestions? Share in the comment section below.