You can give your thoughts & ideas in the comment section below this post. The questions below are meant to stimulate your thinking. You do not have to answer any of them to participate in the discussion. Simply comment or reflection on what you read. You can also read the corresponding scripture and respond to that too.
Chapter Five: Hidden Treasures and Hope-Filled Dreams (Colossians 1:24-2:5)
- How can a person rejoice even in the midst of difficulties?
- What does the statement, “Christ in you, the hope of glory” mean to you personally?
- Why is it tempting to believe some of the fake treasures (popular philosophies) in our culture today? Why are they so intriguing to people?
- What are ways people try to discover secrets of wisdom and knowledge outside of Christ?
- What treasures of wisdom and knowledge do you find in Christ? How does that strengthen your confidence?
Chapter Six: Confidently Walking with Christ (Colossians 2:6-23)
- WHat does it mean to be rooted in Christ?
- In what ways does yoru life reflect Christ? In other words, in what ways are you built up in Him?
- Does your life overflow with thankfulness? What steps can you take to be a more thankful person?
- How can you actively strengthen your faith in Him?
- In our culture today, what religious “add-ons” do you see people using to make themselves appear more spiritual?
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the “Confident Steps” at the end of each chapter in the book.
Return to Summer Book Club main page.