Strengthen Your Relationships
To participate in the book discussion, give your thoughts & ideas in the comment section below this post. The questions below are meant to stimulate your thinking. You do not have to answer any of them to participate in the discussion. Simply commenting on your reflections on what you read is perfectly fine.
Chapter Nine: How to Live with Those Closest to You (Colossians 3:18-4:1)
- Why do rules of order make sense in a business, a school or a home?
- In your opinion, what is it that bothers women most about the word submit?
- Describe what you think it means to “work wholeheartedly for the Lord.”
- What challenged you most in this chapter?
- In what ways does a gentle and quiet spirit display power and strength? How is Jesus a good example of this?
Chapter Ten: Mastering Meaningful Conversations with God and Man (Colossians 4:2-6)
- How has this chapter encouraged you to develop or grow in your prayer life?
- Share about a time when you experienced an answer to prayer.
- Why is it important to thank God continually?
- Why do you think so many outsiders are turned off by Christians in our culture today?
- What are some ways you can make your conversation seasoned with salt when you talk with those who do not know Christ?
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the “Confident Steps” at the end of each chapter in the book.
Return to Summer Book Club main page.